Choosing new windows in Indianapolis takes a fair amount of research. Even when you decide on a style and color, you have many window companies in Indianapolis to choose from. How do you choose the right new windows and window company? Here is a checklist for both.
Things to Makes Sure Your New Windows Have
Everyone wants windows that are energy efficient or they’d likely keep the ones they already have. So, we’ll assume you’re only looking at new windows that are ENERGY STAR® rated for our area. However, here are some things to look at when comparing brands:
- Styles – Does the manufacturer you’re considering have the style or styles you want available in the sizes you need? This may be a question you ask each of the window companies in Indianapolis you speak with.
- Color – Some manufacturers offer a few standard colors only. Others have both standard colors and upgrade options. A few have a wide range of standard color options.
- Features – Are you looking for a feature such as a specific grille option? Do you want a window with a tilt in sashes for easy cleaning? Another popular option is a built-in lock that only allows the window to open a few inches. Make sure the window you’re considering has the options you want.
If a brand or window company doesn’t offer what you want, call someone else.
Checklist for Window Companies in Indianapolis
Since we’re specifying window companies in Indianapolis, we’re going to assume that you already know to choose a locally based company. Here are the other questions to ask or things to check before signing a contract.
- Experience – How long have they been in the area providing new windows? If it’s more than a decade, you’ve likely found a window company who does great work and stands behind it.
- Independent company – Any window company with a brand of windows in their name likely only offers that brand. You should have options when you choose your window company.
- Reviews – What do others have to say about the company? You can find reviews on independent sites like Google, Better Business Bureau and Facebook.
Trust Blair Windows for your New Windows in Indianapolis & Surrounding Areas
We check all the boxes. As an independent window company, we offer many brands, one of which will have the color, features and style you want and need. Our company is locally owned and has been for 65 years making us one of the oldest window companies in Indianapolis. And, our customers love us. We know you will too so call us today at (317) 356-4666 or fill out our contact form.